[Qgis-developer] Plugins meeting

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Apr 14 09:17:11 PDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> The general idea is that plugins are now a crucial part of the QGIS
> experience for the users, and we cannot treat them as completely
> disconnected from the main project, but we should take some
> responsibility for them.
>
> Comments most welcome.

 Agreed! I'm only sorry that I can't devote any time to keeping my old
bsrplugins up to date with changes in Qgis. Some of them (selectplus)
have got that functionality in the core now, which is a good thing.

 Of my other plugins, the popular ones seem to be autosave (which does
regular backup saves of the current project file) and topocolour
(which colours polygons so that adjacent polys are coloured
differently).

 My hope was that autosave functionality would become something in the
core - is this happening?

 topocolour needs a good rewrite for the new symbology plus other API
changes. Any volunteers?

Barry