[Qgis-developer] fTools and GdalTools: sextante vs original plugins

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 09:53:36 PDT 2013

My opinion on this (clearly biased, of course), is that the argument
of not making sense to look for algorithms under a menu called
"sextante" is not a very strong one. First, the menu is called
"Analysis" (which makes much more sense that looking for processes in
something called "vector", since that is much more generic....).
Second, I think that SEXTANTE is not much different than GDAL or
GRASS, since they are all acronyms.

But, as I said, I have a biased opinion...and I might be too used to
the name :-)

All ideas (thanks Anita for your ones!) about what is missing in
SEXTANTE to fully replace those independent plugins, are welcome

Regards
Victor