[Qgis-developer] Raster saturation issue

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 15:30:56 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I really appreciate the great new raster settings. These enhancements to QGIS are very nice.

On testing saturation today, I did notice a potential bug with that setting. For my test raster, I set the saturation to 1 and the difference between that setting and 0 was quite large. If I move to 2, 3, 4, and so on, the differences are very small and incremental.

I'm wondering why the leap in saturation from 0 to 1? Is something incorrect in the algorithm calculating saturation? It seems as the values between 0 and 1 need to be handled to make the 0 to 1 change as incrementally small as the 1 to 2.

Regards,
John