[Qgis-developer] 'File' versus 'Project'

Marco Bernasocchi marco at bernawebdesign.ch
Thu Apr 25 00:57:24 PDT 2013

On 04/25/2013 09:26 AM, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Things in UI design change over time. Nothing is written into stone and
> users have to accept that and adapt.
+1 for me too, I didn't even noticed the name changed. I just went there
and clicked.

I think the main concern is for new users, but new users will be
exploring what each menu has to offer. Experienced ones, will just go
there automatically.

furthermore, changing from file to project we make clear that save saves
the project and not the data, maybe even helping avoiding what happened
to mad_ on irc yesterday [0]

ciao

[0] http://irclogs.geoapt.com/qgis/%23qgis.2013-04-24.log

--