[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.0 and PyQT v2 update

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Apr 25 13:26:06 PDT 2013

Hi,

It has been discussed that PyQT should be updated to v2 befor the QGIS
2.0 release. Is this still a feasible goal?

I think it would be good to also update it before 2.0. With the new
Vector API most plugin developers need to rework their plugins anyway.
It would be good to also do the PyQT v2 update now.

It would be bad if would release QGIS 2.0 without the PyQT v2 update and
then shortly after we would break all plugins again, because of the PyQT
v2 update.

Is Martin the one who would work on this - or can/will others work on
this as well? Martin - will you have time?

Thanks,
Andreas