[Qgis-developer] Fields/attributes

Albin Blaschka albin.blaschka at standortsanalyse.net
Thu Apr 25 23:41:45 PDT 2013

Hello,
sorry for intervening as an outsider...but maybe a tiny contribution...

Am 26.04.2013 02:39, schrieb Nathan Woodrow:
> Hey Chris,
>
> 1) I don't think there is any limit.  The name is just stored as a
> QString so anything it supports QGIS should too.

There are some limits in shapefiles concerning names in the attribute
table, coming from the dbf - format. So, if at first the column names
are e.g. longer than the eight characters allowed in dbf, and the user
stores the data later as a shapefile, in this way, a problem could maybe
  arise, especially if the long names are similar at the beginning...

regards,
Albin