[Qgis-developer] Logo Update

Mathieu Pellerin nirvn.asia at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 21:29:46 PDT 2013

New logos withdrawn.

My 2 cents:

I feel like design #50 is overly generic. Simply logos are good, but
wondering whether this one went on the road of simplification to the
extreme, leaving a logo with a *slight* gap in meaningfulness. There could
be ways to remedy to that while keeping overall design intact. Maybe by
having some sort of faux-3d on the green triangle using gradients to make
it more like an arrow.

#338 has much more identify, both hinting at GIS and cooperativeness of
open source project. The color palette could be improved (maybe dark gray
or black for text, and a tango color scheme based colors for hands?), as
well as making GIS a bit smaller, moving up, and allow space for 'desktop,
android, etc.'.

Math