[Qgis-developer] No Zoom to selected point

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Mon Dec 2 03:15:01 PST 2013

Dear devs,

today I stumbled on a strange behaviour when zoooming to a point.
To reproduce: load a point layer, select one feature in the table and
click "Zoom to selection". The result is the same as if clicking "Pan
map to Selection", i.e the map is panned but not zoomed.
I _think_ this is because the bounding box of the selected feature has a
width and height of 0. Try
iface.activeLayer().boundingBoxOfSelected().width()/.height() in the
Python console.
Geometrically speaking this is correct but as the zoom to selected
function builds on a bounding box with width/height > 0 the outcome for
the user is bad.
My suggestion would be to define a small rectangle around the bounding
boxes' center if it has size 0 in the zoomToSelected function.

Tried with QGIS 2.0.1 and current master

Shall I file a ticket for this?

Bernhard

__________ Information from ESET Mail Security, version of virus signature database 9119 (20131202) __________

http://www.eset.com