[Qgis-developer] Dual View: Call for feedback

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Fri Feb 1 06:11:01 PST 2013

Hi everybody,

I'm pleased to announce that I've pushed the current state of dual-view
to github [1]

Anybody interested in having a look at it is kindly requested to do so
and share his thoughts concerning the development.

Anybody who does not want or can't compile the branch can easily have a
look at the slides from this presentation [2] which should cover the
basics as well (There's a small sample video to show the live filter
inside).

Any feedback is appreciated.
If there is no strong rejection of these ideas, I'd like to request a
merge in two weeks, after I cleaned up the code and reviewed the code
for layers with no "feature by id" capabilities (which need to be fully
cached).

I will be out of office next week, so please bear with me, if I only
reply to your feedback in the second week of February.

Kind regards,
Matthias

[1] https://github.com/matthias-kuhn/Quantum-GIS/tree/dual-view
<https://github.com/matthias-kuhn/Quantum-GIS/tree/dual-view>