[Qgis-developer] Print composer changes: several side-effects

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Feb 20 05:23:17 PST 2013

 Hi,

 With the recent modifications in print composer, while I agree that the
 UI has much improved, there are unfortunately also some side-effects.
 Here are two problems I have detected:

 * legend boxes which had a white background now have a transparent
 background
 * Basic shapes (like rects, ellipses, triangles) that had a black
 border now have either no border or a white border

 For organizations like us, with a lot of QGIS projects with a lot of
 different layouts, this is quite annoying if we have to manually change
 each of the projects.

 But I am also aware that we are using master / unstable and that there
 are modifications. I can live with such changes but I assume that other
 users will have similar problems if backwards compatibility breaks.

 Just to let you know - thanks for the improvements in the UI!

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)