[Qgis-developer] New OpenStreetMap integration

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Thu Feb 28 15:56:10 PST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 3:48 PM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Borys
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 11:36 PM, Borys Jurgiel <info at borysjurgiel.pl>
>> wrote:
>> > Wow, great!
>> >
>> > Unfortunately seems it doesn't work with Wheezy's Spatialite 3.0.0.
>> Tomorrow
>> > I'll try to compile a newer version and test it.
>>
>> I have 3.1.0-rc2 on my computer - what's the problem in your installation?
>>
>> > Anyway, it would be nice to have it in Debian working out of the box.
>> Maybe
>> > updating the very outdated internal Spatialite (what is its current
>> status and
>> > purposes?) would solve the problem?
>>
>> I would like to have it working with any reasonable SpatiaLite version
>> - with more details on the error I will try to fix it.
>>

> Awesome to see this updated! Thank you, Martin.
>
> Unfortunately, on Mac with Kyngchaos supporting frameworks, I get the
> following compile error:
>
> Quantum-GIS/src/analysis/openstreetmap/qgsosmimport.cpp:18:10: fatal
> error: 'spatialite.h' file not found
> #include <spatialite.h>
> ^
>
> Funny thing is, spatialite.h is definitely in the specified include
> directory. The CMake options I'm using are:
>
> WITH_INTERNAL_SPATIALITE=FALSE
> SPATIALITE_INCLUDE_DIR=/Library/Frameworks/SQLite3.framework/Headers
> SPATIALITE_LIBRARY=/Library/Frameworks/SQLite3.framework
>
> So, not sure what's up. Will investigate more...

Ok, just had to add the following to
Quantum-GIS/src/analysis/CMakeLists.txt:

INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES(
  ${SPATIALITE_INCLUDE_DIR}
)

Evidently needed for external spatialite libs, or just on Mac? Should I
commit the change?

Once compiled and launched I get the following error when trying to
download data [0], and again if I try to manual enter the extent [1]. The
layer is in EPSG:26913 - NAD83 / UTM zone 13N for a fairly small area (15
ha).

[0] http://drive.dakotacarto.com/qgis/osm-download-error.png
[1] http://drive.dakotacarto.com/qgis/osm-download-error_manual.png

Regards,