[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-psc] RFC for Data Frames

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 00:24:28 PST 2013

Hi Benedict

(moving the discussion from qgis-psc to qgis-dev)

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 9:37 PM, Benedict Holland
<benedict.m.holland at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> [...]
> called that. I think it would make more sense to push a Legend onto the
> QgsSubproject and I think I have a great use case in mind.
> [...]

Given the great impact your changes might have on the rest of the QGIS
application (and possibly libraries, too), I would suggest starting
with some mockups and use cases how the GUI would look like after, how
existing features would behave etc. Diving directly into a discussion
about the design decisions (like sub-projects) is not necessary if
there's not a clear set idea how it should work.

> Actually I do have a question regarding a lot of this. I have been diving
> into the code and I see that many objects are managed using XML.

Please could you be more specific? Some classses implement methods
like readXml() and writeXml(), but that's really just for
reading/saving of state - as Tim has already noted.

Regards
Martin