[Qgis-developer] (no subject)

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 02:43:39 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 5:32 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> Got a strange problem:
>
> * import (-o) the .asc file from  https://www.dropbox.com/s/w60ywwddl3aj03h/cavallini.zip
> * r.to.vect (you can see the results of these operations in the location, in the zip
> above)
>
> Display rasters (original and imported) and vector in QGIS.

The original raster does not have CRS. You have probably set Monte
Mario / Italy zone 1
+proj=tmerc +lat_0=0 +lon_0=9 +k=0.9996 +x_0=1500000 +y_0=0
+ellps=intl +towgs84=-104.1,-49.1,-9.9,0.971,-2.917,0.714,-11.68
+units=m +no_defs?

> Results: the original raster and the derived vector align perfectly, the imported
> raster shows shifts while zooming in and out. See attached screenshots as an example.
>
> Additionally, in qgis-dev I get errors querying the raster: 168 bytes expected but
> 3200000 byte were read from qgis.d.rast

There was a bug, the extent was not printed with sufficient precision.
The problem was not in querying but in rendering. It was causing the
error message above, but most probably also the shift. It should be
fixed in d36cd9a, please test.

Radim