[Qgis-developer] Installation of qgis-1.8.0-9.10 in openSUSE fails

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Fri Jul 5 03:46:11 PDT 2013

Hi Nikos,

Am Fri, 05 Jul 2013 12:38:47 +0300
schrieb nik at nikosalexandris.net:

> (Sorry for mixing-up the threads, various tech issues)
>
> Otto Dassau:
> > Hi Nikos,
>
> Hallo Otto,
>
> > why don't you use the packages from application:geo repository:
> > http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/Download#24-openSUSE
>
> I need to compile from source as I compile other stuff from source, i.e.
> latest grass64 including various fixes (+ no fun :D).
>
> > And if you need to compile, you can take a look at the spec file here:
> > https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/Application:Geo/qgis?expand=1&f
> > ile=qgis.spec
>
> Already did! In fact I used to manually create a list of dependencies:
>
> zypin flex bison cmake fdupes txt2tags libexpat-devel gsl gsl-devel
> libproj- devel libgeos libgeos-devel gdal libgdal1 libgdal-devel
> grass-devel python- devel python-xml python-gdal python-sip
> python-sip-develqwt-devel python-qt4 python-qt4-devel libQtWebKit-devel
> libqt4-devel libqt4-qt3support sqlite sqlite-devel libspatialindex0
> libspatialindex-devel postgresql-devel update- desktop-files
>

> Indeed, there were packages that were not installed via "zypper si --build-
> deps-only"!
>

> Still I get the same error after ccmake, make:
>
> Linking CXX shared library ../../output/lib/libqgis_gui.so
> [ 50%] Built target qgis_gui
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Gruss, N

There was a similar problem here:
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-user/2013-May/022598.html

Since it compiles on the opensuse build server without problems, I guess you
should check, if the versions of the dependency paykages fit. Maybe you have
qt packages installed from different opensuse repositories or versions,
that make the gui build crash?

Regards
Otto