[Qgis-developer] Labels on topologically wrong polygons

aperi2007 aperi2007 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 10:04:33 PDT 2013

On 24/07/2013 17:55, Larry Shaffer wrote:
> I think QGIS should offer the option to on-the-fly try to fix those
> geometries. This was discussed previously [0]

The MakeValid is not a fast process.
Try to apply it on-the-fly will slow again the labelling flow.

Another problem is tht it could change little , but not less important,
part of a geometry.
so if the user will decide to edit it .
Instead of editing the original geometry it will edit a changed geometry.
And save in the shapefile (o r other container) another more changed
geometry.

Don't forgot that the original ST_MakeValid of postgis (and also
spatialite) will return also the
removed parts of original geometry. (point , arc or other it was)

To not lost of view the original geometry.