[Qgis-developer] raster calculator bug

Oscar van Vliet ovvldc at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 03:45:00 PDT 2013

Dear QGIS developers,

I am using nightly QGIS_1-9-0_2013-07-27_f854288 and the raster calculator
is very broken when using powers.

For example:

Area_mask at 1 ^ -130.3475674

where Area_mask has a value of 0, 1 or 2

Results in 'nodata' everywhere. In part, think it has to do with the
negative value, because if I run

1 /  (Area_mask at 1 ^ 130.3475674)

I get at least 0 and 1. However, there is a mathematically valid answer for
2 as well, so there is more wrong than just the negative being used wrongly.

I also have a strong notion that stuff like this used to work, though I
cannot be sure it is a regression.

If anyone can confirm this, please consider it as a release blocker.

Best wishes,
 Oscar