[Qgis-developer] Form widgets: decouple widget type from "hidden" or not

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jun 4 08:14:46 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have projects where I want to define a widget type (for QGIS web
client projects) but want to hide the field in QGIS desktop. I know - it
sounds strange, but it is a requirement.

I therefore want to discuss whether we could have a separate column next
to the WMS and WFS column, labeled "Desktop" with a checkbox that
defines if the field is visible in QGIS desktop or not.

Then we could still define a widget type (for QGIS web client) but hide
the field in QGIS desktop. We could then remove the "Hidden" widget
type, which isn't a widget anyway.

This is kind of similar to the "editable" status we introduced a couple
of weeks/months ago - where we initially had the separate "immutable"
widget type where only line input widgets were supported.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Andreas