[Qgis-developer] manageR update for 2.0

John C. Tull jctull at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 08:54:59 PDT 2013

Hi Filipe,

On Jun 7, 2013, at 3:37 AM, Filipe Dias <filipesdias at gmail.com> wrote:

> Using R via Sextante is also a good alternative. Shapefiles and Rasters are exported into R and it's possible to apply all sorts of R tools to them. There are a few good examples already in the algorithms tree.

I will have to test this. The value of manageR is the familiar R console and the simple import/export of raster and vector layers into the workspace. Although manageR is marked as incompatible with 2.0, I have gotten it to run after a fresh installation in QGIS, but the import function is broken, so it is of little use. I'll look into the example R scripts and see how that works out.

Cheers,
John