[Qgis-developer] Plugin "category" - do we need it?

Borys Jurgiel lists at borysjurgiel.pl
Tue Jun 11 10:27:26 PDT 2013

Dnia wtorek, 11 czerwca 2013 o 18:46:53 Matthias Kuhn napisał(a):
> My main point is, that a category is a single entry, while a plugin can
> actually place no menu entry at all to menu entries in different menus.
> So it should rather be a list of menus where you find related entries
> in than a single entry. Actually this does not offer the possibility to
> add a fair usage description for plugins which offer a different
> approach than to place an entry in a menu (e.g. add additional entries
> in the layer legend context menu...).
>
> So I would remove it to make place for a more dynamic system (e.g.
> quick start text of max 300 chars) where a good recommendation for
> plugin dev's exist on how to write this text.

So you support the idea of the "about" tag. Paolo, is it ok for you? The
plugin details would contain three well exposed fields: Name -> Description ->
About.

This way we hit a translation issue. I guess I'll fastly implement something
like in kde .desktop files as a last minute before the Big Freeze:
Name=Foo
Name[de]=Bar
Name[it]=Osteria

Tim, the Freeze comes at midnight UTC?