[Qgis-developer] qreal is not double, a plea for android

Marco Bernasocchi marco at bernawebdesign.ch
Fri Mar 1 00:33:38 PST 2013

Hi All,
finally I got aroud getting master to compile again under the android
arm toolchain with some changes. now is matter of getting all the
dependencies and stuff to get soon a new release.

but this mail, as the subject says is a plea to all devs to please
consider that qreal is _not_ always typedeffed to double. for instance,
under arm it is typedeffed to float which always causes me the most
errors because of signatures incompatibility.
I could recompile the Qt libs to typedef qreal to double, but then I'd
have to distribute myself the full Qt libs together with qgis instead of
using the necessitas packet manager which would make the package grow
considerably.

So what I ask you is to please consider this issue when you use qreal
methods. for example:
qMax(myQreal, myDouble) is ok in x86 but will generate an error on arm.

thanks a lot
Ciao

Marco Bernasocchi
http://opengis.ch