[Qgis-developer] changing srs.db with coordinate system updater Plugin

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Mon May 13 01:43:14 PDT 2013

Hi,

for QGIS 1.8 I tried to update the srs.db file
in /usr/share/qgis/ressources/ with the coordinate system updater Plugin. I
see the changed crs in tbl_srs and the former original crs is stored in
srids4restore - so the plugin seems to work.

The problem is, that the projection according to the new parameters does not
work, although I can see the parameters in QGIS. QGIS still seems to use the
former parameters.

If I define a user defined projection in QGIS with the new parameters, the
layer is projected with the new parameters.

Does anybody has a solution for this?

Thanks
Otto