[Qgis-developer] QGIS 2.0 and beyond

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Tue May 28 13:33:06 PDT 2013

For me there is mainly one thing (feature) is missing for QGIS 2.0: The
upgrade to the new PyQt API (aka. SIP API V2) I would really not want
to see a QGIS 2.0 without this update. I really hope, that this is
going to be taken care of by someone.
We could also look for sponsors to make this more attractive. I
remember Martin announced once, that he'll be looking into this again,
but I don't know if this is still valid.

Apart from this, I agree, that releasing QGIS with blockers is not a
good idea, but also remember, that not every bug which is tagged as a
blocker necessarily really is a blocker so we might decide to downgrade
some.