[Qgis-developer] First time compilation

Joao Machiana joaomachiana at gmail.com
Thu May 30 08:12:35 PDT 2013

Hi all
I'm about to start using QGIS for some projects of my organization, but I'm
facing some problems (maybe they're not a problem at all)

I've set up the QGIS development platform.
I've downloaded and installed QGIS Lisboa apart. (not from OSGeo4W)
I've followed the "qgis-1.6.0_coding-compilation_guide" (line by line) and
I've been able to configure and generate the qgis source code to be
compiled.
I'm using cmake 2.8, and Visual Studio 2010 express edition
I could sucessfully compile the qgis source code.

But right now I want to compile the files in the code examples, and every
time I click configure on cmake, I receive the error:

CMake Error at cmake_find_rules/FindQGIS.cmake:135 (MESSAGE):

Could not find QGIS

Call Stack (most recent call first):

CMakeLists.txt:6 (FIND_PACKAGE)

I've tried change the paths in the file FindQGIS.cmake, but with resulting
in failure.

This may be a dumb question, but I'm stuck on it for two days.

Thanks in advance for anyhelp.

I've attached the FindQGIS.cmake file

--
*João X. Machiana*