[Qgis-developer] someone with experience MetadataUrl

rldhont rldhont at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 00:09:02 PDT 2013

Hi Alexandre,

Here is the WMS MetadataURL element definition :
A server should use one or more <MetadataURL> elements to offer
detailed, standardized metadata about the
data corresponding to a particular layer. The "type" attribute indicates
the standard to which the metadata
complies. Two "type" attribute values are defined by this International
Standard: the value "ISO 19115:2003"
refers to ISO 19115:2003; the value "FGDC:1998" refers to
FGDC-STD-001-1998 [1]. An information community
may define meanings for other "type" attribute values. The enclosed
<Format> element indicates the file format
MIME type of the metadata record.

MetadataURL has to be link to the Metadata file.

Regards,
René-Luc D'Hont