[Qgis-developer] Sessions in Brighton

Gino Pirelli luipir at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 01:53:12 PDT 2013

Hi,

I whould add a session to present two new features that I developed

1) WMS tile repeat request:
Sometimes tile request fails and leave an hole in composer or canvas... in
this way they are scheduled again to a maximum maximum number of fails.
Code can be found in the my qgis fork. Sorry I forgot to create a branch
for this feature.
here:
https://github.com/luipir/Quantum-GIS/commit/a563f2a650b13db9a1d7d58983ac2a2f5b87f1bb
and here:
https://github.com/luipir/Quantum-GIS/commit/3e278110f298bdf9363a936dd296b75b84858e6c

2) WMS getLegendGraphic in QgsLegend and QgsComposer:
This is an incomplete feature I was working this days and I need help to
solve some technical problems related to pixmap visualization and
resolution in QgsLegend and QgsComposerLedend
These features have much more patch complexity and they need explication.
You can find preliminary code in the branches:
1) WMS Legend in: WMS_QgsLegend
2) WMS Composer legend in: WMS_QgsComposerLegend

Problems I encountered:
1) has the main problem to solve pixmap size in QTreeView without affecting
the other legends.
2) has the main problem in the Pixmap resolution
1) and 2) introduce a virtual method in QgsRasterData implemented in
QgsWmsDtaProvider... I don't like this solution but I didn't find other. I
would appreciate hints to do better.
1) and 2) in QgsLegend breack the Model-View pattern. I would ask a better
way to implement this features.

the name of the session could be:

WMS features: tiles and legends

thanks, Luigi Pirelli (luigi.pirelli at faunalia.it)