[Qgis-developer] new style menu for rasters

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 06:39:46 PDT 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Larissa Junek <junek at gbd-consult.de> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm looking for someone who works with raster files in QGIS.
> For documentational purposes we'd like to know how the band rendering
> in the Layer Properties works.
> Does QGIS always create a palette for any kind of raster file?
> Or does QGIS depending on the file format use either Multiband color
> or Paletted or Singleband grey?
> Does the user have to switch to Singleband pseudocolor manually, because
> there is no automatic use of Singleband pseudocolor?

It is simple, considering number of bands, DataType and
ColorInterpretation we decide LayerType,  for LayerType we set
DrawingStyle and each DrawingStyle has assigned default renderer.
Shortly:

multi band => MultiBandColor

single band and color interpratation PaletteIndex => PalettedColor

single band and color interpratation ContinuousPalette => ContinuousPalette

single band and data type ARGB32 => SingleBandColorDataStyle

all others => SingleBandGray

Radim