[Qgis-developer] Deactivating multi-threaded rendering - Was: QGIS' TimeManager plugin in action

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 02:28:16 PDT 2014

Hi Anita

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 5:10 PM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there plans to let plugins (which are not working well with
> multi-threaded rendering) deactivate the feature when needed?

No there are no plans to allow deactivation of rendering in
background. I think it would be a step back... it would bring
inconsistent user experience and more code complexity. I understand it
brings a bit of inconvenience to some plugins, but at the same time I
believe it would take less time to fix problems with all affected
plugins than introduce again the rendering in main thread (and options
for plugins to request it).

Cheers
Martin