[Qgis-developer] working with qgis and pgadmin/psql...

Bernhard Ströbl bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Thu Apr 10 01:47:14 PDT 2014

Hi Nyall,

Am 10.04.2014 08:59, schrieb Nyall Dawson:

> On 10/04/2014 4:21 pm, "Bernhard Ströbl" <bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
> <mailto:bernhard.stroebl at jena.de>> wrote:
>  >
>  >
> .
>  > Anybody has an idea what the reason is? Does QGIS lock a table so it
> cannot be altered?
>
> Yes - here's some more info/bug reports:
>
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/7679

I remember this problem and have been looking into it some 2 years ago
(estimated). My conclusion then was (if I remember correctly) that the
psycopg2 transaction is not commited and thus locks the relation.
(Closing DB manager closes the connection and thus terminates all
transactions). Maybe setting the connection to autocommit solves this
issue? I did not care any further because I do not use DB manager (but
pgAdmin) for two reasons:
1) the named problem (it locks tables)
2) the need to install psycopg2 on all my clients' computers (IMHO a db
plugin for QGIS should use QtSql because one can assume that it is
installed).

but this Problem is (as far as I understand) not related to the problem
described in the OP: tables are locked because they are loaded as layers
into QGIS

Benhard

> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Issue-with-standalone-python-script-and-PostGIS-Layers-td5098329.html
>
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/9357
>
> Nyall

__________ Information from ESET Security, version of virus signature database 9658 (20140410) __________

The message was checked by ESET Security.

    part000.txt - is OK

http://www.eset.com