[Qgis-developer] Compiling QGIS on Mavericks

nzfarmer andrew at southweb.co.nz
Fri Apr 11 10:39:41 PDT 2014

Well, after about a week of running battles and some great support from
Larry, I now have a successful dev environment.

I ended up with brew installation as per Larry's instructions:

brew tap osgeo/osgeo4mac
brew install qgis-22 --with-grass --with-globe

The first of these caused warnings and required me to install a few of the
dependencies explicitly - namely gdal, pdal and grass.

i.e brew install osgeo/osgeo4mac/gdal

The globe dependency failed to build but I may revisit this now I have a
working environment.

When I went to replicate the brew so I can work offline, I:

- took a patched version QGIS-Final-2_0_1
- wrote my own build script based on the brew generated parameters
- added the following env vars
export CXX=`which clang++`;
export CXXFLAGS="-F/usr/local/opt/qt/lib"

I can now compile and run the program, and of course start writing some c++
plugins (which was the original goal)

thanks again.

Andrew