[Qgis-developer] QGIS Processing and GRASS 7

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 00:22:21 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I tried to get Processing GRASS 7 provider to work on Windows 7 64-bit.
As OSGeo4W installer does not offer GRASS 7 package for now, I download
standalone installer from grass.osgeo.org (WinGRASS-7.0.0beta2-1-Setup.exe)
and install it to C:\GRASS7. After this I can run GRASS GUI and command line.

In Processing options I set GRASS Folder to c:\GRASS7 and GRASS msys folder
to C:\GRASS7\msys. But when I tried to run any GRASS algorithm via Processing
I get error saying that GRASS folder is not set.

After some investigations I found two issues:
1. there is no getGrass7Version method in Grass7Utils module
2. provider name is "grass70" but for test used name "grass7"

Fixing this issues doesn't help, I still can't run GRASS 7 algorithms
via Processing.
So I tried to run grass7_script.bat from OSGeo shell and found that it can't be
executed because of missed dlls. Seems this is the root of problem.

This dll present in GRASS install folder, but QGIS runs GRASS algorithms using
OSGeo shell.

Any ideas how to setup environment to use both GRASS providers: GRASS 6.x
from OSGeo and GRASS 7 installed from standalone installer?

Thanks
--
Alexander Bruy