[Qgis-developer] Broken models with processing (i.e we shouldn't be doing that)

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 05:46:31 PDT 2014

On 11 August 2014 22:43, Denis Rouzaud <denis.rouzaud at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11.08.2014 05:03, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
>>

>> However if it comes close to release and there is no conversion ability
>> then I would say we should revert the plugin in core and wait for the next
>> release to upgrade the models.  Breaking the models on people with no
>> convert option will have much more effect then not having some of the new
>> features.
>
> +1
>
> I haven't been following the whole thing but while maintaining the API can
> be a pain, I think it's a strcit requirement.

I totally agree with this too. Given that processing is treated as
part of core, the api should be frozen for the 2.0 series (as painful
as that is becoming now!). I've seen stacks of answers to
gis.stackexchange questions where processing api is used - it would be
a real shame to break all of these.

Nyall