[Qgis-developer] Identify results form vs feature form

Alexandre Neto senhor.neto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 03:13:42 PDT 2014

Hello Tim,

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Tim Sutton <tim at kartoza.com> wrote:

> Any reason you aren't simply dragging it out of the dock to put it in
> floating window mode when you need to?

Like Denis said, if you are doing lots of editing, you need things to be
done fast and need windows out of your way. Putting identify in window mode
make the Open feature Form hard to use, since two windows will open
(Identity and Feature Form) that will block the vision to the map canvas.
The user, after editing the feature attributes must press ok in the feature
form and close or drag the identify windows away.

Thinking about it, this might not be a identify tool problem at all. And
the docking behavior might actually be the best to keep. When editing lots
of features attributes, you want the feature form, not the Identify
results, that's why I think the best solution would be to separate the
(fast) access to feature form from the identify tool. (keeping the right
click open feature form).

Alexandre Neto