[Qgis-developer] line renderer and composition mode

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Aug 27 08:53:10 PDT 2014

Hi,

FYI - here is an explanation of the different composition modes:
http://doc.qt.digia.com/qq/qq17-compositionmodes.html

These are different from blend modes and I think it would be very
useful if they could be exposed to the user. But it would have to be
done on a symbol level and not on the layer level. Or at least as an
option to choose from.

On a similar issue it would be nice if the background (rectangle or
stronger stroke) of a text can hide paint in other layers - with the
goal to make better readable text labels - in german language we call
that a "Textfreistellung" - I don't know the correct english term,
sorry. Hugo Mercier from Oslandia already looked into the issue a bit
and prepared a proposal. This may be solved with the composition modes
as well.

So I would definitely like to see the exposure of the different
composition modes exposed to the user on a symbol level level.

Thanks for bringing up the issue,
Andreas