[Qgis-developer] QEP: QGIS Mapserver Python Plugins

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 02:41:38 PDT 2014

I guess the main goal is to avoid that the adopt of python on server
could slow it.

Infact , the main difference from a desktop and a server is that the
first is serving only one perosn and this mean that the user could
wait also for a work for himself.
Instead a server is used from many users and every of them dont like
to wait too much.

So the preferrable is if the python server solution sill be optional.
So who don't need it could to not compile it.

Sincerelly I don t see any advantage in the python server side inside the qgis.

The only scenario I could admit is for a rapid prototype of some
solution, but afer, this
for an usage in a production environment the python solution should be
transform in a C/C++ solution to have the sufficient
execution rapidity.

A.