[Qgis-developer] How to debug failing python tests ?

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Sun Dec 7 02:39:36 PST 2014

I'm trying to understand why PAL labelling tests fail on my machine
and for the nightlies but succeed on travis.

But if I run:

  /usr/bin/python tests/src/python/test_qgspallabeling_composer.py

All I get as a report are messages like this:

  FAIL: test_background_rect (__main__.TestComposerPdfPoint)
  Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "tests/src/python/test_qgspallabeling_tests.py", line 77, in test_background_rect
      self.checkTest()
    File "tests/src/python/test_qgspallabeling_composer.py", line 305, in checkTest
      imgpath=self._TestImage))
  AssertionError:
  Render check failed for "sp_pdf_background_rect"

The message doesn't tell me the paths to the expected and obtained image
nor the used tolerance to compare the two. Is there a commandline switch
that I'm missing to get that info ?

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign  --  Keep it simple !
 /\  http://strk.keybit.net/rants/ascii_mails.txt