[Qgis-developer] QGIS slow startup on windows

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Thu Dec 11 02:28:54 PST 2014

Hi all,
I still try to understand why first QGIS startup is so slow on Windows
platforms, and why it is always slower compared to MacOsx or Linux.

Process Monitor raises a first very strange behaviour:

qgis-bin.exe tries 172 765 times to do a 'Create File' action in
C:\Windows\CSC\v2.0.6\namespace\NAS01 (NAS01 is my Appdata centralized File
server where qgis profile is moved with --confipath).  Result is 'NAME NOT
FOUND'

Trying to explore  C:\Windows\CSC\v2.0.6\, I don't have access privileges on
that folder even if I am admin on my W7 station.

That file location seems to be a storage place for offline informations .
See [0]

Any idea?

I will keep posting tests here for the record.

Cheers

[0]
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/7579e193-d7ad-490e-99ce-9bd1adae0bed/cwindowscscv206temp-folder?forum=w7itprogeneral