[Qgis-developer] Error in new Metasearch

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mon Dec 29 01:29:49 PST 2014

On 29-12-14 10:09, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 26/12/2014 16:15, Tom Kralidis ha scritto:
>> Hi Paolo: master works for me.  Can you provide a usecase/workflow
>> I can try to reproduce?
>
> Hi Tom,
> just tested again: searching for "land", global extent, on all default
> servers returns no results (sometimes a timeout, sometimes an error
> 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'find' (for UNEP), sometimes just
> blank.
> Also "province" (a valid keyword, I believe) for the two Italian
> servers returns nothing.
> Can't see anything on the log.

Hi Paolo,

with me it is also working fine. The plugin manager shows me:

Installed version: 0.3.2 (in /home/richard/.qgis2/python/plugins/MetaSearch)

But I'm on Linux here...

You can check what the plugin is sending to the service.
If you select the service (eg the RNDT one), after the results, you are
able to see the request- and response-XML
@TOM: mmm, if you do NOT have results, you cannot see the request either
because the button is disabled then...

You can do this request yourself, eg by using the 'POSTER'-plugin in
Firefox.

do a POST to the following url:
http://www.rndt.gov.it/RNDT/CSW

and this as Request:
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<csw:GetRecords maxRecords="10" outputFormat="application/xml"
outputSchema="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2" resultType="results"
service="CSW" version="2.0.2"
xmlns:csw="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2"
xmlns:ogc="http://www.opengis.net/ogc"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/cat/csw/2.0.2
http://schemas.opengis.net/csw/2.0.2/CSW-discovery.xsd">
	<csw:Query typeNames="csw:Record">
		<csw:ElementSetName>full</csw:ElementSetName>
		<csw:Constraint version="1.1.0">
			<ogc:Filter>
				<ogc:PropertyIsLike escapeChar="\" singleChar="_" wildCard="%">
					<ogc:PropertyName>csw:AnyText</ogc:PropertyName>
					<ogc:Literal>province</ogc:Literal>
				</ogc:PropertyIsLike>
			</ogc:Filter>
		</csw:Constraint>
	</csw:Query>
</csw:GetRecords>

But maybe it is a Windows only problem, will check that too...

Regards,

Richard