[Qgis-developer] When is 2.2 really due?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Feb 21 07:30:45 PST 2014

Hi Jürgen,

Thanks for the clarification.

Maybe in the future we could also test binary packages before we
"officially" release QGIS. After all this is what people use out their.
If packages are broken (even if QGIS from source is fine) this will be
bad for QGIS reputation. 95% of the QGIS users will judge QGIS after the
quality of the package they install. They would not install from source.

I guess any company with a "product" would do that. I know, we are a
project and not a company, but I think from a QA perspective we should
really also test packages before releasing stuff. At least for the most
common OS, like Win64, latest OSX, latest Ubuntu/Debian.

Anyway - thanks for all the work to all the devs and to you as release
manager!

Andreas