[Qgis-developer] Multi-threading rendering merged to master

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 07:02:51 PST 2014

Hi all

this is a short note about the fact that multi-threaded rendering has
now landed in master, so from now on, you should be able to enojy
better experience when browsing your map (especially the fact that you
can keep using QGIS as usual even if rendering continues in the
background).

By default the parallel rendering is not enabled (yet) - to enable it
please go to options > Rendering and check the appropriate option.
There is another new option that lets you setup how often the map
canvas should be refreshed while being rendered.

If you find anything that used to work for you and now it does not, do
not hesitate to let me know. I hope the merge has not ruined your
Sunday :-)

Another, more technically oriented mail will follow later.

Regards
Martin