[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Wiki Cleanup

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun Jan 5 05:21:44 PST 2014

Il 05/01/2014 00:21, Anita Graser ha scritto:

> Known issues (http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Known_Issues)
> currently only lists "number of open files limitation". I think that
> should go into general documentation and bug tracker (if it's not
> already there).

Agreed. I think it should have an open ticket (I must say: I hate
Redmine search).

> Contribute (http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/#Contribute) is similar
> to the new "get involved"
> http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/index.html but does not cover
> everything. I think qgis.org still lacks a link to the bug tracker ...

Agreed.

> Wishlist (not sure, do you mean
> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Vector_Support_Wishes?) should in
> my opinion be removed and instead users should be encourage to open
> feature requests in the bug tracker.

Agreed.

IMHO, pages that have useful content, not to be missed, are:

* http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Adding_New_Tools_to_the_GRASS_Toolbox
(where to move it?)
* http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Bugreports
*
http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Connect_to_a_Bluetooth_GPS_for_live_tracking
and
http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Gps_units_download_data_and_live_tracking
(?)
* http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Python_Plugin_Ideas (?)

Furthermore, historical pages have already been largely removed. I feel
uneasy about this, and I think we should have (in either docs or gov) a
page about history, with the release announcements and dates, hackfest
participation and details, meetings and resolutions, etc.
Anyone would like to prepare a summary?

These should go to the gallery (or case study):

* http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/OpenStreetMap_data_rendered_with_QGIS
* http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/OS_Styles

All the best.

--