[Qgis-developer] QWC and WMS FILTER in qgis mapserver

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Sun Jan 12 00:38:49 PST 2014

Hi Alessandro

 >in WFS we have the standard OGC "FILTER" plus the  QGIS custom
"EXP_FILTER"
 >in WMS we have QGIS custom "FILTER"
 >
 >IMHO the best solution would be to have the same parameters also in
WMS, so:

 >rename WMS QGIS custom  "FILTER" to "EXP_FILTER" and
 >implement OGC  "FILTER" even if it's not in the standard

Oh, so we have even three filter possibilities:

1. OGC Filter (done via QgsExpression )
2. Filter with QGIS custom syntax (done via QgsExpression)
3. Filter with provider subset with syntax of data provider (e.g. SQL).
Done on provider (DB) side for very fast searches, therefore needs
careful parsing against SQL injections

WFS server implements 1+2, WMS server implements 3. There are pros and
cons for all of them, so it would be nice to have three parameter name
to call all of them for WMS servers.

 >Do you think that we can re-use the WFS OGC FILTER code for the WMS
OGC FILTER implementation?

QgsOgcUtils::expressionFromOgcFilter

Regards,
Marco