[Qgis-developer] QWC first implementation of configurable search results output

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 06:58:30 PST 2014

2014/1/13 Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>

> Hi Alessandro,
>
> Thanks for the changes. Do you have an existing test installation
> publically available. The GlobalOptions.js contain quite a few different
> settings that wouldn't make it compatible with the demo projects in the
> main branch. So it is a bit of work to set up your copy at my machine.

Not yet sorry, will be probably available in a couple of weeks.

My intention was to make all possible configuration parameters optional, so
that QWC can run with minimal (ideally no) configuration.
Your difficulties mean that I've failed :)
All new settings I've introduced are tested for
typeof('nameofsetting')=='undefined' and shouldn't be mandatory or have
smart defaults.

> Am 08.01.2014 18:51, schrieb Alessandro Pasotti:
> > Hi,
> >
> > as discussed a few days ago, I'm trying to implement a configurable
> output
> > for search results, it's now possible to show search results in left
> panel
> > (default), right panel, bottom panel and in a separate window.
> >
> > I've published it in a branch (still work in progress), please give me
> some
> > feedback.
> >
> > This is what I've done so far:
> >
> > 1. added an optional config var in GlobalOptions.js
> > var mapSearchPanelOutputRegion = 'popup' ; // Possible values:
> > default,right,bottom,popup, see
> >
> https://github.com/elpaso/QGIS-Web-Client/blob/configurable_layout/site/js/GlobalOptions.js#L197
>
> Does this concern the builtin search method that uses QGIS server? The
> one in the panel on the left?

Yes. Default is just the old behavior, but now the user can config QWC to
show results in bottom, right and in a Ext window.

[...]

> > 4. added an Ext alert modal in case of no results. I'm still looking for
> > better solution, I'm sure that the user should be warned about "no
> records
> > found" but I'd rather prefer a spotlight message to a modal alert.
>
> yes - maybe we should introduce a messaging system like in QGIS desktop
> with a message bar that pops up at the top of the map panel but does not
> block the interface. Until then you could use the status bar at the bottom.

Yes, that was the idea, but I've already looked for an Ext solution in the
past without finding one. I'm too lazy to code one from scratches.

I'm now changing QGIS.SearchPanel to handle empty values if allowBlank is
True.
As always in web forms it's difficult to tell a blank from a null but I
would like to allow partial searches in the form when allowBlank is true
for some fields.
I think I will just add an optional configuration variable to define the
default behavior.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it