[Qgis-developer] Open custom form from another form

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 08:01:03 PST 2014

Hi Luca,

The best way to do this, is to set your personnally designed UI file in
the layer properties->field properties->attribute editor layout->provide
ui file

Then, you want to call qgis method to show a feature form:
http://qgis.org/api/classQgisInterface.html#aff2467aa3cefd8fc5b59213f385b7180

And you would need some processing to show it:
1. get feature id from the selected line
2. fetch the feature of the main layer
3. get the foreign key from one of its fields
4. fetch the corresponding feature
4. show the feature form with it

Anyway, if I understand properly, you're trying to do something which
has been recently added to QGIS (it's in the master version), it's 1:n
relations.
See here for more info:
http://blog.vitu.ch/10112013-1201/qgis-relations

Cheers,