[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Wiki Cleanup

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Tue Jan 21 10:13:09 PST 2014

Am 21.01.2014, 09:37 Uhr, schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
> Hi all.
> What is the state of this? Any progress?
>
> Il 05/01/2014 14:21, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
>> Il 05/01/2014 00:21, Anita Graser ha scritto:
>>
>>> Known issues (http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Known_Issues)
>>> currently only lists "number of open files limitation". I think that
>>> should go into general documentation and bug tracker (if it's not
>>> already there).
>>
>> Agreed. I think it should have an open ticket (I must say: I hate
>> Redmine search).

Known issues have been included in the new docs
http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/preamble/features.html#known-issues

>>> Contribute (http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/#Contribute) is
>>> similar
>>> to the new "get involved"
>>> http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/index.html but does not cover
>>> everything. I think qgis.org still lacks a link to the bug tracker ...
>>
>> Agreed.

Report a bug has been added to the "get involved" page
http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/index.html#bugs

>>> Wishlist (not sure, do you mean
>>> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Vector_Support_Wishes?) should in
>>> my opinion be removed and instead users should be encourage to open
>>> feature requests in the bug tracker.
>>
>> Agreed.

We could also add "make a wish" to the "get involved" page. But maybe it's
getting too crowded. Would appreciate your feedback.

>> IMHO, pages that have useful content, not to be missed, are:
>> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Adding_New_Tools_to_the_GRASS_Toolbox
>> (where to move it?)

I think that could go into the documentation.

>> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Bugreports

Can we create a second-level page on the website?

>> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Connect_to_a_Bluetooth_GPS_for_live_tracking
>> and
>> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Gps_units_download_data_and_live_tracking

Documentation

>> * http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Python_Plugin_Ideas (?)

Not sure how useful.

>> These should go to the gallery (or case study):
>> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/OpenStreetMap_data_rendered_with_QGIS
>> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/OS_Styles

I think a case study would be appropriate. Who formats the case studies
people submit now?

Best wishes,
Anita

--