[Qgis-developer] Clustering algorithms from RISE

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 01:29:18 PST 2014

Hi Sergio

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 11:28 PM, Sergio Botero <sergiobuj at gmail.com> wrote:

> As one of the relatively new developers of Clusterpy, I have been looking
> into the possibility of
> making Clusterpy (a modified version) part of the Processing code.
>
> First I would like to know, do you think that this kind of algorithms area a
> good fit for the QGIS
> core?
> I also would like to know, what would be your proposed process to make this
> happen? anyone
> I should contact directly?

I think the best thing to do for a start would be to create a Python
plugin for QGIS that will use the Processing framework. Then you could
upload the plugin to the repository [1], so the potential users will
be able to seamlessly download and install it.

If there would be a lot of interest from users to have the clustering
functionality available in default installation of QGIS, we could
discuss the inclusion of the code into QGIS codebase.

Regards
Martin

[1] http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/