[Qgis-developer] Lidar data into QGIS

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 11:19:33 PST 2014

Hi,

Since LIDAR data 1. has a special data structure 2. is huge and 3.
needs index, using a database with QGIS as client seems to me a
natural architectural decision.
As you may know, PostgreSQL has a pointcloud extension made by the
"father" of PostGIS, Paul.
See e.g. my wiki notes and presentation here: http://giswiki.hsr.ch/PointCloud

-- Stefan