[Qgis-developer] Navigation toolbar

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Jul 2 01:07:05 PDT 2014

On 07/02/2014 12:44 AM, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 02/07/2014 09:40, Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
>
>> What do people think?
>
> I'm in favour of heavily simplifying the GUI. IMHO, the main area where this can
> happen is consolidating all the loading (vector, raster, etc.) buttons in the
> Browser, adding what is missing there.
> All the best.

I'm fine with simplification of the default toolbars, but the tools
should exist to be re-added by the user for customization.

Reason: when you have a specific workflow, making a custom toolbar with
the 5 buttons you need is much faster than digging through menus and
context menus.

In fact I tend to subscribe to the idea that all sensible functions
should be available to be added to a toolbar (there may be some
functions which just don't make any sense on the toolbar)
Without such customization a user would need to create custom plugins or
scripts for seemingly simple functions.

Thanks,
Alex