[Qgis-developer] Stress about release plans

Andrew amcaninch at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 12:01:35 PDT 2014

> It a chicken/egg problem. We need to have some stable, relatively bug free
> version of QGIS with predictable (and somewhat slow ) release cycles before
> it's acceptable in large organisations (with money to spend on
> development/bug fixing).

I think this is true, though I dont have experience with large
organizations.  As a user i would love to have a more stable LTS
version and if i could i would earmark my donations specifically for
supporting an LTS and, i think, would contribute more.  But since it
doesnt exist, i cant help fund it with my small donations.  Also, that
is something that i might be able to get my work to donate small
amounts for, though as a small  grant-funded non-profit costs that are
not directly billable to grants are very hard to pay for.

andrew