[Qgis-developer] Project temp file archive bit.

G. Garibaldi digitalmaps at cox.net
Wed Jul 23 10:20:56 PDT 2014

For some reason a project temp file or a backup file using the extension
.qgs~ is showing up in my projects directory with QGIS 2.4 Win 7 64 bit.
The "xcopy *.qgs" command I use for archival purposes is catching the
.qgs~ file as well. This behavior is different from every QGIS version
up to at least 2.18 that I have used, for at least the last 5 years. Why
has this changed? Could it be put back like it was? Does anybody have a
workaround? Is there a switch somewhere to put the temp file in another
subdirectory (I did a casual search for this but couldn't find one)?