[Qgis-developer] Incremental rendering of WMT-S tiles onto map canvas

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 02:36:07 PDT 2014

Hi Jeremy

On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 4:01 PM, Jeremy Palmer <JPalmer at linz.govt.nz> wrote:
> In QGIS 2.2 if you checked "Use render caching where possible to speed up redraws" in the rendering options WMT-S tiles were drawn immediately after download on the screen.  Under QGIS master this no longer happens - with or without MTR enabled
>
> Is it possible to get this feature back? It really improves usability for users and makes the application seem more responsive.

Yes, but unfortunately not for 2.4. I would like to address this in a
future release. Previously the WMS provider used a trick for tiled
requests: if render caching was on, after some time it would return
image even if it wasn't finished yet, keep downloading, and later
request further redraws of canvas (which were cheap because other
layers were cached already).

Regards
Martin